Future Ready Story County – Teachers and Counselors
Posted on 03/04/2020 at 08:44 AM by Allee Wengert
Ames has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country at just 2%. That means we have a lot of positions and we need more talent! As teachers, you can introduce your students to the countless opportunities right here at home now.
In a new section of our website, Future Ready Story County, we are serving as the connector for teachers, students, parents and business partners. What does this mean for you as a teacher?
- Open New Doors – Work with local employers to set-up behind-the-scenes tours, jobs shadows and short-term internships for your students.
- Collaborative Projects – Give your students real-world experience by registering with the Future Ready Iowa Clearinghouse to match with projects local business need help completing. Past projects include market research, branding, design, videos and website development.
- Build Upon Your Experience – Sign up for professional development and license renewal opportunities like our Teaching for the Workforce Academy and utilize other local resources to enhance your classrooms.
- Discover Passions – Learn about the workforce landscape through the Chart Your Course section. Here students and teachers can explore the 16 different career pathways, types of careers, and the expected growth in the next five years in central Iowa.
- Adopt-a-Classroom – Put your classroom up for adoption and you’ll be matched with one company for an entire school year. Classroom adopters will have the opportunity to visit as a guest reader, lead activities that have to do with their industry, donate classroom supplies and more. This option is available for preschool through fifth grade.
Check out AmesChamber.com/FutureReady now to explore Future Ready Story County! We look forward to connecting you with the bright young minds of tomorrow’s workforce.